Profound technical expertise on both commercial and open source software combined with sound business acumen enables us to align our solution offerings with specific customer needs. Our application development team has a proven record of transforming a wish list into customized, feature-rich application software that meets the client’s business needs.
Custom Application Development:
- Intranet & Internet facing web applications
- Complex transaction processing system
- Enterprise scale application development
- Back office applications
Full Life-cycle Product Development:
- From idea to concept to marketable product development
Portal Solutions: Internet & Intranet:
- eCommerce portal
Systems Modernization & Transformation Services:
- Transformation of legacy systems to cutting-edge web technologies
- Microsoft .NET, SharePoint
- HTML5, JQuery, Ajax
- RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Server Technologies: Windows 2003/2008, Hyper-V, Linux
Industry-leading practices and methodologies are used for project management at Periscope. During or prior to project initiation, a decision is made on what would be the extent of Periscope’s involvement in the project. Based on that, various methods/techniques are used to devise the most effective project management approach that ensures overall success – often, an agile development approach.
Following are few aspects of typical project management work at Periscope:
- Work Coordination Plan:Significant attention is given to derive a work coordination plan that yields highest level of productivity. Few important aspects of the coordination includes:
- Daily/Weekly code drop in shared ftp site (ftp.periscope-inc.com)
- Real-time interaction between client and Periscope resources (minimum of few hours every day) using IM, WebEx, conference calls, etc.
- Milestones/Checkpoint Sign-off: Periscope obtains sign-off from the client after each milestone is completed and a formal review is done to improve existing processes.
- Weekly Management Scorecard:
- Frequent intermediate deliveries with working functionality. This enables the customer to get working software earlier and enables the project to change its requirements according to changing needs.
Primary objective of testing a system is to assure that the system meets the full requirements, including functional and non functional requirements and satisfy scenarios and maintain the quality of the product. At the end of any project development cycle, expectations should be met as detailed in the requirements.
Secondary Objective of testing is to identify and expose issues and associated risks, communicate all known issues to the project team, and ensure that all issues have been considered, reviewed and taken care of before product release.
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning System)
Task Order & Contract Management System
Resume Management System
Human Resources Management System
- Organization set up
- Multiple companies, departments, jobcode, etc. setup
- Employee personal data management
- Employee job data management
- Worker job history
- Leave policies and rules set up
- Leave requests
- Leave approval
- Self-service application
- Leave balances and history
- Employee time entry system
- Job requisitions
- Applicant and resume management system
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 Entity Framework / C#
- SQL Server 2008
- Reporting Services
- Windows Server 2008
Account Control System Modernization
Major financial services company had been using a legacy corporate trust information and risk management system, which was developed in GUPTA (front and back-end). Due to the business & technological strategy to conform to web based solutions, the company wanted to transform this desktop application into a cutting-edge web-based application to be more flexible with their business works as well as technology updates.
- Analyze existing desktop GUPTA application’s business processes, code, reports.
- Design web application architecture, database architecture, and technical processes
- Develop transformation techniques for each module/functionality
- Develop Web-front using JSP/JSF (to match with desktop GUI)
- Develop ORM (Hibernate) objects
- Develop Java application code for all modules/functionalities
- Develop more than 30 reports in Jasper Reporting Tool that were previously accomplished in GUPTA Report Builder
- Execute unit and system test of the application
- Deliver the finished application to the client for further testing (UAT) and production deployment
Internship Management System
Internship management system allows organizations to better manage and streamline the internship application process. The system has a role-based access control. The system is designed to be accessed via the company intranet page and as well as extranet.
Internship management system developed using PHP (CakePHP), Apache and MySQL at the back-end. Key functionality of this full-featured internship management system is below:
- Secure Internship Projects Management Area
- Project Catalog
- Manage projects: cloning capability
- Role-based access security
- Manage applications
- Attachments capability
- Approval process
- Applicants (public facing)
- Register/Create an account
- View project listing w/ drill-down capabilities
- Project search
- Project navigation
- Attachments capability